Objectives of the call
- Cultural structures and educational structures
- Cultural structures and structures active in the field of citizenship, integration and social action
It is specifically intended for structures that wish to devise a new model of cooperation in the field of cultural and artistic education.
Its objectives are:
- to awaken the minds and curiosity of children and young people between the ages of 3 and 20 by allowing them to discover artistic creations and to express themselves through the arts;
- to give participants new tools to enable their personal and creative development;
- to develop new skills for project partners through mutual learning;
- to design and implement new forms of cooperation.
Target audience of the projects: children, teenagers, young adults, families;
Recipients of the call
The projects must be proposed and implemented by individuals and teams from Luxembourg non-profit organisations. Any organisation whose registered office and activities are based in Luxembourg may submit a project.
The following are eligible to submit a project:
- Cultural institutions and associations
- Artist collectives
- Educational and pedagogical structures in the formal and non-formal sector
- Active structures for citizenship, integration and social action
The projects must be submitted in teams between (1) cultural structures and educational structures, or between (2) cultural structures and structures active in the field of citizenship, integration and social action, with a main project leader and one or more partners. A project can thus have several cultural and educational or social structures as partners, as long as the form of collaboration remains consistent and the partners are clearly identified at the time of submitting the application.
The selection will be made according to various criteria such as the relevance and originality of the project, suitability with the targeted theme or the technical and financial feasibility of the project.
The projects must be innovative in nature in order to bring a new dynamic within the cultural and educational sectors. By “innovative”, Fondation Sommer refers in particular to the development of new expertise or the creation of innovative partnerships in the artistic and educational fields. This is not only a matter of cooperation between these distinct partners, but also of ensuring that their respective competences are effective as part of alliances and that the cooperation has a lasting effect.
Projects with a high potential for long-term impact will be given priority.
General and financial conditions
The amount of aid is determined according to the requirements and scope of the project and the estimated budget. It may not exceed EUR 10,000 per project.
The financial aid allocated to the selected projects should be considered as ad hoc support, allotted to specific projects of a specific duration. (Co-)financed projects must be new projects, in the sense that they do not fit into a plan already defined and financed previously. Under no circumstances may the financial support received by Fondation Sommer be used to finance general or operating expenses. It must be directly related to pedagogic activities carried out within the framework of the selected project. Expenditure generated prior to the submission of the application and prior to the official granting of support by the Foundation is not eligible for funding (principle of non-retroactivity). Fondation Sommer will verify the use of the amount received by requesting a financial statement, with accounting documents, at the end of the project.
Any financial support granted will be validated by the subsequent signature of a specific agreement between the main project leader and Fondation Sommer, specifying the obligations and rights of each party.
Projects receiving financial assistance from Fondation Sommer must participate in an evaluation procedure in order to assess the impact of the project.
Submission of applications
To apply, the partnering organizations are asked to carefully read the rules of the call for projects (to be downloaded at the bottom of the page with the application form). The main project leader is requested to send an application to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include the following documents:
- The official application form;
- A detailed description of the project in terms of objectives, general artistic concept, implementation and target group(s);
- A detailed financing plan with an indication of all expenses and revenue, including aid from other public and private structures;
- Proof of involvement of project partners in the form of a letter of intent;
- A copy of the body’s articles of association;
- A recent extract from the Luxembourg Business Register (RCS).
Optional documents: activity reports, presentation brochures, newsletters, press kits or articles, video links, etc.
Failure to provide the requested supporting documents shall be considered as a ground for inadmissibility. On the basis of the documents sent, it is up to Fondation Sommer to examine the administrative admissibility of the application before forwarding it to the Selection Committee.
The decision of the Selection Committee is final and cannot be appealed.
Selected or non-selected project leaders will be notified by e-mail within a maximum period of one month following the deadlines for submitting applications.
Deadlines for submission
The next deadlines for sending the applications are:
- 1st March 2022
- 7th June 2022
- 15th September 2022
- 29th November 2022
Regulation and application form
Veronika Meindl, Project Coordinator
Telephone: +352 621.430.444